Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have violated my parole. I will go back to prison. Can I…

Customer Question
I have violated my parole...
I have violated my parole. I will go back to prison. Can I make a request to the judge to allow me to take personally belongings such as a Bible and a book with me to prison? I would also want to request a religious beard pass.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/20/2016
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 2 years ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The prison has restriction, as to what an inmate can bring in. Personal items, such as a book, may not be allowed to just be brought in with you and a bible could be provided, once you go through intake. If there are religious issues such as the beard or a specific bible, you can ask for a court order, to allow it or contact the prison ahead of time, to see what they would need prior to you entering, to avoid having issues with your beard and to allow you to freely exercise your freedom of religion. As I shared and as you are aware, there is protocol and a procedure for prison, so you need to make sure you comply with those.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.