CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

My husband told me I wish someone would put a bullet to my

Customer Question

My husband told me I wish someone would put a bullet to my head can he go to jail after he left me
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Assault is harmful or offensive contact with a person. An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. In this case, he said he WISHED that someone would do this but it would not appear there was an immediate threat of harm or ability to do so. While he was wishing bad on you, it is unlikely he will be arrested and charged. However, you can document this and contact the police, filing a report, so they are aware of his threats.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.