Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

My son was arrested in state on domestic violence and intent

Customer Question

My son was arrested in washington state on domestic violence and intent to manufacture a controlled substance. He is facing TWO class A felonies DV with a weapon and strongarm, and a felony B. Also a felony C was dropped which was unlawful imprisionment. I dont know if felony a or b is worse. Please tell me he will do some time and when he is out he will need to stay in the state he was arrested in. He committed in washington and lived in oregon. He is a very mean and violent meth user. His past offenses are theft and first degree neglient driving, alcohol. Chris
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Is your question as to what the penalty can be for the offenses you have listed for your son?

Was your son charged in Washington state?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
charged in Washington state which felonies carry mandatory prison time?

Thank you for your follow up.

I Washington State class A Felonies: Up to life in prison and up to a $50,000 fine. Class B Felonies: Up to 10 years in prison and up to a $20,000 fine.

So someone who is convicted of either Class A Felony or Class B felony would be generally looking for at least several years in prison which would be determined at the judge's discretion and also prosecutor would recommend a sentence to the judge as well.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Thank you.