Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I need help filling out a petition to seal arrest and

Customer Question
criminal records from Colorado. There...
I need help filling out a petition to seal arrest and criminal records from Colorado. There are several facets to consider and I am having a hard time understanding the language and the many forms to fill out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/18/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Hello. My name is***** have been an attorney for 26 year and a prosecutor for a decade. I will help you with your questions today.

What court is your case in? I need the exact name.

Was your case dismissed? Is that why you are filing a motion to seal your records?

I would prefer to answer your questions in writing. If you still want a phone call, I will opt out and let another Expert call you. Tell me what you would like to do.

Based on the records I requested I believe it was Denver County. The arresting agency is Denver PD - Identification Bureau. In 2005 I served about 4 days in Denver and then another 3 days in Boulder for failing to appear for an arrest the year prior for possession of alcohol. As far as I know my case was not dismissed.
Ely, Counselor at Law