How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a sample letter nephew. Please help
, he is

Customer Question

Customer: I need a sample letter for leniency for my nephew. Please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he is looking a heavy sentence. There was evidence that he committed the crime but was found guilty any way. He has two children, mother and father that loves him, a sister with a new born and me. Ms. Michelle its going to hurt this family very bad if he goes away for a extended period of time and I want to appeal to the judge's heart
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I need the letter like yesterday for he goes before the judge tomorrow
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you the information in this regard.

Please tell me

1 Is this a first offense? If not how many others and what?
2 What is the offense? What is the sentence?
3 Was he working?
4 In school?
5 Involved in the community, if so how?
6 What other positive things do you want to bring forward to the judge?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, too many to count
I think agge assualt
no on house arrest after 1 yr in
Not at the time
He is a young father with small children, that is very family concerned, that he was taking care of his mother, that he is not the person whom committed this crime for that is not his nature or the way he was raised. That he is the oldest of three. I really dont know that's why I'm reaching out
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

I can write something that you can use as a guide and present that. When I am done it will post here.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

The Honorable (judge's name)

Court House


Re: Name of Nephew.

Dear Honorable Judge (Name),

My name is ***** ***** My nephew is his name. I am writing seeking this Honorable Court to show mercy and be lenient in his sentencing.

Nephew's name is ***** ***** son, father, and nephew. He is a dutiful family member who always goes the extra mile to help all of us. I know that he is not a perfect human being and that he has had other convictions. But he is still young at give age. He does have his children who he spends time with. He does what he can to find employment. Additionally, he helps to care for his Mother her name and age.

His criminal behavior is very much the opposite of how he was raised. The family, including me, have vowed to help him to become a better person so that he can become an upstanding member of society.

Nephew's Name has never denied his responsibility for the criminal offense committed. He understands what he has done is wrong. I know his crime is serious and I am not asking for you to ignore the crime. I am only asking that when you deliberate on your sentence, you take all I have said into consideration. The minimum sentence you can give to Nephew's name would be so appreciated. I am requesting this so we can give nephew's name some hope that he will be able to become the family man he knows he can be. Please don't take him from his young children who need him.

Thank you for considering this request for leniency.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

That is a guide for you. You can certainly add any other pertinent information you want the judge to know about your nephew.