Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I left the state of il after i was relesed year 2010 am i a…

Customer Question
i left the state of...
i left the state of il after i was relesed year 2010 am i a parole vialater
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/16/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Were you placed on parole, assigned a parole officer and failed to report? If so, you're a parole violator. If on the other hand, you served your sentence minus your good time and were simply released, then you were never on parole and you could not be a violator.

You should be able to contact the court where you were sentenced and the clerk can tell you if there's a warrant out for your arrest. If he won't, the public defender's office may be able to give you that information. If there's no warrant, there's no parole violation.