Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

If a non-violent felon, convicted in Minnesota of federal

Customer Question

if a non-violent felon, convicted in Minnesota of federal charges (abuse of a ward), has gun rights restored by Minnesota statute, can the person own a gun in Oklahoma?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Unfortunately, someone who is convicted of a federal crime, can only have his/her gun rights restored by a pardon from the US President and not by any state statute, since even if it would be legal to own a gun under the state law, it would still be illegal under the federal law, unless full pardon from the US President is granted.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!