How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am dating a guy who was convicted of child molestation. He

Customer Question

I am dating a guy who was convicted of child molestation. He no longer has to register. He does not live in my home and does not spend the night when my children are here. My former husband says he will take my children if my boyfriend is ever around them. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your legal question. First, I am sorry to hear of the situation you are currently facing.

May I ask, as it is relevant to the issue, do you share custody with the father?