Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

Is a card embosser illigal my uncle likes to collect these

Customer Question

Is a card embosser illigal my uncle likes to collect these old machines but I always say its a risk.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. Now, in order to actually determine whether the actions are illegal or not, besides collecting the machines, are they used for anything else? Are they actually used to emboss cards?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure but he people bring him credit cards
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

I apologize for the delay.

Under the law, simply having a card embosser is not illegal. However, falsely making or embossing a credit card, having a falsely made or embossed card, or having or transferring a card knowing it was falsely made or embossed is illegal.

This constitutes Credit Card Counterfeiting in MD and is a felony.

Do you have any follow up questions based on what I have provided. If so, please feel free to ask and I would be happy to help.

If not, please do not forget to click ACCEPT and RATE my assistance as that is the only way experts can be compensated for assisting customers. Thank you.

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Please click ACCEPT if you have no follow up questions.

Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to click ACCEPT and RATE my assistance as that is the only way I can receive credit for taking the time to assist you. Your cooperation in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.