How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need advice. My daughter lost her cell phone so I reported

Customer Question

I need advice.
My daughter lost her cell phone so I reported it the my cell phone carrier/insurance. They sent me a new one for the $200 deductible. A while later she found the phone with a broken screen. Not thinking much of it I figured let's just sell it on eBay.(maybe at least get our deductibleback).
So the person on eBay bought it but found out it was reported stolen/lost and wasn't able to activate it. The told me they were sending the phone back to apple and reporting it to the police!
I am worried now. What could possibly happen to me? And should I proactively do anything in the meantime?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also... The purchaser IS getting their money back from me via PayPal, but is still reporting it
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you contact the cell phone carrier and explain the situation. They will tell you if there is any money owed if you keep the phone. I suggest they are not going to want to prosecute because that costs them money. So if you can figure out from them what, if anything since you already paid a $200 deductible, is necessary so you can keep the old phone and sell it, that should be it.