How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26852
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son got a non traffic summons/disorderly conduct. He was

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and my son got a non traffic summons/disorderly conduct. He was not seen trespassing but admitted to the police that was with friends in an empty home (newly built- not occupied) of the boys was found to have pot on him. My son has never been in any trouble before in or out of school-etc....very stupid of him to trespass but he didn't smoke the pot nor intend to. the cop wrote on the ticket that the disorderly conduct was in leu of trespassing and drug violations!??? My son did trespass but can i have the ticket rewritten to leave out the part about the drug violations since my son was not a part of that at all....
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is the NATURE OF THE CHARGES on public record? I guess since my son did in fact trespass, and he was honest that he was there....than he should plead guilty and just pay the fine- right?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok...ill wait as long as I can . I do have an appointment soon...SO i;m in a hurry..
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


No, you can't have the ticket rewritten. If he's not charged with the possession of marijuana it won't go on his record.

No you don't want him to plead guilty and pay a fine, because in most states, that would give him a criminal record to carry around and get in the way of his personal and professional future.

In what US state was your son ticketed? How old is your son? Once I know that, I can add to this answer and be less general.