Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son got a non traffic summons/disorderly conduct. He was

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** and my...
Customer: ***** ***** and my son got a non traffic summons/disorderly conduct. He was not seen trespassing but admitted to the police that was with friends in an empty home (newly built- not occupied) ...one of the boys was found to have pot on him. My son has never been in any trouble before in or out of school-etc....very stupid of him to trespass but he didn't smoke the pot nor intend to. the cop wrote on the ticket that the disorderly conduct was in leu of trespassing and drug violations!??? My son did trespass but can i have the ticket rewritten to leave out the part about the drug violations since my son was not a part of that at all....
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is the NATURE OF THE CHARGES on public record? I guess since my son did in fact trespass, and he was honest that he was there....than he should plead guilty and just pay the fine- right?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok...ill wait as long as I can . I do have an appointment soon...SO i;m in a hurry..
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/15/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

No, you can't have the ticket rewritten. If he's not charged with the possession of marijuana it won't go on his record.

No you don't want him to plead guilty and pay a fine, because in most states, that would give him a criminal record to carry around and get in the way of his personal and professional future.

In what US state was your son ticketed? How old is your son? Once I know that, I can add to this answer and be less general.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD