How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27129
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** *****
, I used someone eles credit

Customer Question

Customer: hello my name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I used someone eles credit card and applied for some as well Ive never been in trouble other then a few shop lifting tickets.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I only used a $150 on her card. My plan was to use it as if it were mine and pay the monthly payments on it. that didnt work out so well.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Did she report you to the authorities. Have you been charged with a crime? Misdemeanor or felony? In which US state? What's the question you wish to ask about these facts?

Reply here on this question thread so that we keep all of our response in one place.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if she reported it or not. Shes my landlord. It all started because she rented me a place that she was not allowed to rent to anyone . It was a H.o.a home. So I had to move me in my two kids out in into another property of hers where she charged me two hundred dollars more then the one I had to move out of. So $1500 plus all utility s I have to pay. So I used her credit card with every intention as if it was mine. I even got a second card with my name on it . I was not gonna screw her over just needed her credit thats all.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Using someone else's card without her permission or authority, regardless of what she may have done to you, is identity theft, which is a form of fraud. In some states it is a felony, regardless of the amount of money you charged up. In others, whether it is a misdemeanor or felony depends on the value you got for the card.

If you don't know whether she's reported it, there's nothing much you can do now, except to apologize to her and pay her back and hope she doesn't decide to have you prosecuted anyway, which she can. In order to avoid any admissions which can be used against you, you may want to consult with a local lawyer and have him or her reach out and do this for you.