How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My girlfriend was abusing me and had no contact order filed

Customer Question

My girlfriend was abusing me and had no contact order filed by the district attorney violated that got thrown in jail the day she got out she filed a restraining order against me under totally false statements since then she has violated the No Contact Order 8x and I have proof of it the police have been called 8 times she's made bogus accusations towards the cops to have me arrested and she has not been thrown in jail once but the cops have followed her allegations to try and have me thrown in jail and they have knocked on my door every day and I've been treated like a criminal and she put guilty plea bargain to the district attorney and the police still have not taking her to jail and today I have to go to court that I had her outfit from prior to dropping the restraining order I had against her because she said she would take anger classes and get help and I love her and so I gave her another chance only to find out she just wanted to get me removed from the apartment so now I don't know what that had to do I have everything in that apartment is mine and she will destroy it if the judge has me removed and I'm being treated like a criminal when I need a victim of abuse I need serious help and its very time sensitive please and and I want to file suit against Clackamas County Sheriff or not arresting her for violating the court order she is dangerous in my welfare has been compromised cuz she has threatened my life and killed. Thank
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your question...are you asking if you can sue the County for this?

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is ******** B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

The storage fee could be an issue depending on what agreement you had regarding this, any local statutes, how long the vehicle was there, etc.

However, without question the customer would owe you the fee for any work you did, including diagnosing the problem.