Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Was told I have an active warrant in Arizona, but dont know

Customer Question

Was told I have an active warrant in Arizona, but dont know how as I was only there for a few days, and never got arrested or even talked or saw a cop. I live in Ms and need to get my license renewed. Will they arrest me when I go in to renew them?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your warrant and DL question. First, I am sorry to hear that you are in this difficult situation.

You mention that you were in AZ for only a few days and were not arrested or saw law enforcement. An arrest or even contact with law enforcement does not preclude the issuance of a warrant. May I ask:

1) Do you have any inkling of committing any type of "offense," even a minor traffic violation

2) Do you know what the warrant is for (i.e., failure to appear in Court or for other purposes)?