How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a family member that was indicted and retaliation, at

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a family member that was indicted for obstruction and retaliation, at the time he was intoxicated and was also charged with resisting arrest, but now he was indicted for the obstruction and retaliation even though he says he does not remember anything at the time of his arrest due to his alcohol can he be convicted?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He had a court date last month for the resisting arrest but at the time he did not see the judge, they just arrested him without letting him know and indicted him for the obstruction and retaliation charge but have not seek legal help, does he need a lawyer since he says he does not remember anything and he was drunk and all he remembers is being handcuffed but not wanting to get into vehicle to be transferred to jail. The indictment papers supposedly says he says he was going to shoot him in Spanish because he does not know English but he insists he could of not said something like that but was drunk?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I am and yes the fee is fine.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your legal question.

May I ask, what state did his incident occur in?

Related Criminal Law Questions