How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34976
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandson 21 years old has been accused of rape by a 51

Customer Question

My grandson 21 years old has been accused of rape by a 51 year old woman who invited him into her bed. He is under a 100,000. bond. What can we do to prove she is as quilty as my grandson.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. He is not obliged to prove anything. The law presumes he is innocent and ONLY if the state can produce evidence, beyond a reasonable doubt, of his guilt can be be convicted.

That said, he can testify...he has the right to testify at his trial. If she is lying, I would expect his testimony may be enough to carry the day.

Also he has a right to a lawyer...if he can not afford on the state will provide him one. His lawyer can help him prepare to show that she is lying.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.