Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Is it against the law to put that you're a police on your

Customer Question
Is it against the law...
Is it against the law to put that you're a police on your Facebook profile? No pictures just listing that as an occupation
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/4/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

It is against the law to impersonate a police officer and get benefis from that to which you are not entitled.

In what US state do you live? I wish to look up the law to see exactly what the elements of the crime are in your state, but you can certainly get in trouble for this, if someone relies on your representation and you go along with the pretense and are exposed.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD