How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 34512
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was put on probation of drug pharphenelia and child

Customer Question

I was put on probation for possession of drug pharphenelia and child endangering welfare both misdemeanor charges, I was sentenced to one year probation suspended for six months in jail, I was in mobile Alabama I was also on drugs, I left town because I was scared to go see my probation officer because I thought they would just throw me in jail and I didn't want to be in jail I'm all that my son has I knew I needed to be clean but I also needed to be there for him, so I came to south Carolina and ive been clean since the day I left I have a job a home a car my son goes to school everyday I'm doing really well, but I have this hanging over my head, ive never been in trouble before and the story behind my case is complicated, I wanted to know if there was any chance or way maybe I could just get my probation transferred up here, because I can be clean and follow the rules of my probation here, but its impossible there
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
There is a process that allows a "transfer" of probation.

If you now live in SC and want to have your probation transferred to SC? You can apply to make that happen. But you have to make the application to the court, in AL, that sentenced you to probation.

SO you will need to turn yourself in. And, hopefully, they will not toss you in jail for violation. If they do, you will need to get out of jail before you can make the application to transfer your probation.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.