Criminal Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified criminal lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All criminal lawyers are VERIFIED
In California, how long can they wait to charge you after you
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
In California, how long can they wait to charge you after you are arrested and released for an accused crime? Also, how long can they keep the Items taken at the time of arrest without placing charges… read more
Are you familiar with Florida law? ***** ***** I went to buy
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
I went to buy a gun five years ago and was turned down saying I was a convicted felon.. that was not true and I gathered all the info and sent it to FDLE and they have corrected it..they said it happens all the time that someone puts the info in incorrectly. I went to buy a gun on Thurs and paid for it. I am in the five day waiting period. Supposed to pick up Thurs. But going nuts wondering if it all came out ok. My question is the gun shop said to pick it up anytime Thurs. They were putting info into the computer before taking my money. Do they already know the outcome or are they waiting for it also ? … read more
Are you familiar with the sex offender laws in the state of
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Are you familiar with the sex offender laws in the state of Alabama,specifically the travel permit requirements?… read more
JD, I just took a look at your profile and it seems that you
JD, Doctoral Degree
JD, I just took a look at your profile and it seems that you are familiar with California state law. I would prefer to continue working with you if that is at all possible.… read more
Are you there? Ohh I see, are you familiar with the law? I
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Assistant Principal
Ohh I see, are you familiar with the law? I had a question i could not find with some research online … read more
Are you familiar with Georgia law? Ok! Thank you! My brother
Maverick
Maverick, Doctoral Degree
My brother in law was accused of sexually molesting his daughter and without one shred of evidence he was arrested, thrown in jail for10 days, wore an ankle monitor for 2.5 years, and after 3.5 years after the accusation and arrest he was put on trial 2 weeks ago. The daughter whom he raised went to live with his ex in 2010 and two years later accused him of molesting her 242 times without one shred of evidence. She said she didn't remember it until after going to live with her mother. It was a nasty divorce and he and my sister were accused by this ex 8 times before of child abuse, were investigated and found innocent. So this time they went for the sexual accusation and took the Violence against women act into his employers office while he was still in jail with asterisks beside the wages to be filled out. The daughter had to be dragged back to Georgia from New York kicking and screaming... Someone from the DAs office flew to New York to escort her on the plane, put her in a motel and drive her to the courthouse. Her story on the stand didn't match the indictments, she couldn't remember what she was supposed to say, took off and didn'treturn for the verdict. Our family is very upset and we are exploring the possibility of suing the DAs office for bringing this case with no evidence... Only her word. My brother in law lost his 23 year chiropractic career, my sister lost custody of her children over these allegations, and their lives have been turned upside down. He was found not guilty in on the sodomy charge but the other3 charges were found not guilty10-2 in his favor and a mistrial was declared. Nowthey. Are living in fear this out of control woma. Da will retry him on the3 lesser charges and we feel something has to be done to bring these people to account. … read more
Are you familiar with Colorado's gun laws? No, not sure how
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
No, not sure how to go about that I just need a specific answer … read more
How familiar are you on Article 19-A law? No because here's
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
No because here's the situation. I'm starting training with First Student to get my passenger endorsement and my 19-A clearance so I can eventually drive motorcoach. Thing is I got jammed on a felony 20 years ago and I contacted both the NYS Dept. of Education and the 19A unit of the NYSDMV and both said that my particular conviction (150.05 Arson 4) doesn't even pass the smell test regarding disqualifying offenses. Should I still be concerned about the fingerprinting or am I going to be OK? … read more
For Mississippi there is a some law about how long a person
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, Doctoral Degree
For Mississippi there is a some law about how long a person can be held and I was told it was 72 hours. Does that mean they have 72 hours to post a bond or 72 hours to charge a person with something.… read more
Do you know a Attorney in the Mercede/Modesto area of ...
Legal Professional
Legal Professional, Doctoral Degree
Do you know a Attorney in the Mercede/Modesto area of California, who is familiar with the Cunningham vs. California Supreme Court ruling?… read more
Are you familiar with California jail credits? California. I
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, JD Honors Graduate
my fbi criminal record states a dui misdemeanor with 36months probation and 2 jail days (however this is not correct because it was 5 hours of booking and I was bailed out) will the UK be considerate for actual jail time not served and be willing to understand the California jail credits?… read more
If you are renting a trailer as is, are you still responsible
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
If you are renting a trailer as is, are you still responsible for water leaks from the pipes?… read more
I have a record for shoplifting in California. How long before
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I have a record for shoplifting in California. How long before I can delete that off my record?… read more
How long will you be in custody if you are sentenced to 3 years
Meigs
Meigs, Attorney
How long will you be in custody if you are sentenced to 3 years in prison with 415 days of credits and you are eligable for half time?… read more
how long will you go to jail for if you charged for holding
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law
how long will you go to jail for if you charged for holding on to your girfriends wrist when your living together?… read more
How long must one wait after a California DUI conviction under
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
How long must one wait after a California DUI conviction under VC 23152(b) before one can apply for "expungement" (and early termination of probation) under Penal Code Section 1203.4? The person was g… read more
What are the laws in California if you are on probation for
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
What are the laws in California if you are on probation for drinking and driving and then you get a public intoxication and now you have a domestic violence hearing related to alchahol… read more
Thank you for your response but i am still confused on the
Hammer O\u0027Justice
Hammer O\u0027Justice, Attorney
Thank you for your response but i am still confused on the penalties? Is that maximum sentence for the charges we talked about earlier? The absconding charge considered to be escape, which cares what … read more