How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a criminal traffic ticket in Arizona ARS

Customer Question

I received a criminal traffic ticket in Arizona ARS 28-70102A3. It says I was driving 94 at the limit of 75. And the ticket also writes "exceed 25 mph", which is not my case, since I exceeded 19 (94-75=19) not 25...Is there anyway to mitigate this as a civil case? Should I hire a lawyer to deal with it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under ARS 28-701.02, it applies to you not because you exceeded 25 MPH, but because you exceeded eighty-five miles per hour in other locations. Yes, you will need an attorney here and the attorney will go into court to try to negotiate with the prosecutor to reduce your speed. The fact of life is that using an attorney would greatly increase your chance of success in getting the best deals, because prosecutors give the best deals to attorneys. If this is your first offense then there is a better chance and they will make a deal of at least a deferred adjudication, which is where you pay the fine and they do not enter judgment and if you get no citations in 6-12 months (depending on the prosecutor) they will dismiss the citation and it will not go on your record.

Related Criminal Law Questions