How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3155
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** ******** and my husband just served

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** ******** and my husband just served 16 1/2 years for a third strike and was released on December 8th, 2015. He was released to a county jail where he was held on a fugitive bond for a parole violation out of Florida that was lodged back in August of 1997. The San Joaquin County jail up North let him go after he went to court and was told that "no complaint was filed" and he was released. We picked him up and brought him home to Southern California. The next day we called Florida to let them know what was happening and they were not very happy to say the least. My husband checked in to probation yesterday where we thought he would be taken in again but when they ran him through NCIC, there were NO wants or warrants anywhere so he was again released but with a GPS tracker on his ankle. I took him back today to probation to get his gate money and a hotel voucher and that is when they took him in again showing a PC 1551.1 as his charge. We would like to file for an Interstate Compact hearing so that he may serve his time hear rather than in Florida. Keep in mind that back in April of 2013, Florida had a hearing in his absentia where his time there started to run concurrent to his sentence here but when his sentence here was overturned from 25-life to 6 years that violation time should have been squashed as well. At least that is what the extradition judge up North told him. We just want some answers and if he does have to give them this time, let him do it here. We did everything that he was supposed to do and he turned himself in. Can you please advise??? Desperate for answers. My name is ***** ***** ******** and my husband is ******* *. ********
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No, but if you have any questions I am sure I can answer them. I was pretty detailed.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Is he being held in California presently for extradition? Has he agreed to waive extradition and return to Florida? Does he has a lawyer in Florida that you can reach out to, such as the one who represented him on the case for which he was on Florida probation?

Related Criminal Law Questions