How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27046
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Could I get a felony DWI off my record had no accidents or

Customer Question

Could I get a felony DWI off my record had no accidents or anything
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


The answer to this depends on what state you live in as some are much more generous than others as to what crimes can be sealed or expunged. In what US state do you wish to expunge your DWI?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't get a response
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. I had a follow up from another customer which I had to finish before I get back to you.

Was your DWI dismissed upon the completion of your sentence as a result of a deferred adjudication? If not, unfortunately, the state of Texas will not remove a conviction from your record unless it is first pardoned by the governor.

Pardons are free to apply for and you don't need a lawyer for it. So there's no reason not to try for it. If you're successful you can then apply for the expunction of your record. You can find out more about the pardon process on the attached file.

Related Criminal Law Questions