How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3149
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are getting ready to start a divorce and her

Customer Question

Customer: My wife and I are getting ready to start a nasty divorce and her mother just informed me she took 20,000 dollars out of our joint account she was to only be paying bills from. do I have any grounds of misconduct?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: mmm not sure what more details I can give at this point I will need to go to the bank and pull some old statements. I guess that's what you get for trusting someone.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I also reserve rights to show all the money I have loaned her since the separation of the accounts. I have tracked if the money was for her through memos and if it was for groceries and those type of things or am I just S.O.L.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also paid for her schooling to be a court room stenographer which she never completed do I have any rights to the money she should have been making this whole time if she would have completed school which would be equivalent to mine if not more depending where she worked. Her step father which is a retired state police officer and now a private detective could have helped her get into the Carlisle court house if she would have ever finished her schooling. this has sunk me and now she is going after me after all I have done for her.
Is it also illegal for me to transfer all my titled items into my sons name now before the divorce would start to avoid having those assists at her disposal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have a check that I wrote to her to move out that was our entire tax return when she was going to separate with me before in the note section that I didn't see a dime of. anything there? Sorry just so much going through my mind.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One last thing I forgot to add in all of this I never knew she was holding a personal account during all this happening and it was my inheritance from my mothers death. life insurance policy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she never added any money to this account.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. What was the agreement between you, when you separated? How did the mother know what she did and how were you not aware, if you are on the account?

Related Criminal Law Questions