How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3162
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was convicted in 1974 and served 18 months. I am 61 and

Customer Question

I was convicted in 1974 for robbery and served 18 months. I am 61 and have had no trouble since. I would like to be able to hunt with friends, unfortunately I can't. I livve in Georgia. My conviction was in Illinois. Any chance for a pardon?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Discussion by Email. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Post conviction remedies are always long shots. The odds of you getting a Parton are very low. You would have to apply to the Illinois Governor even though you are now living in Georgia. If you have not been in any trouble with the law since 1974, the chances of you getting a pardon will be much better than many others, because you have a long track record of lawful and productive behavior.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I expected more than an obvious reply to my question, and I'm not satisfied at all. $36 for this? Come on, I want a refund.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Your question was simply "Do I have any chance for a pardon?" I cannot do anything more than work with the information that you give me. I'd be happy to add to my answer if you reply on this question thread with the question you actually want answered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. I'll just have my money back.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Experts here don't have anything to do with customer accounts and billing matters. You will need to contact customer service at***@******.*** and ask them for the return of your deposit. They will refund you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Zoey. Nothing personal at all. I'm sure you're a knowledgeable attorney. I hope you and your family have a great New Year.Ralph
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

And the same to you, Ralph!