How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MIAMILAW1127 Your Own Question
MIAMILAW1127, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 755
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
MIAMILAW1127 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a contractor who just left a job unfinished in my

Customer Question

I have a contractor who just left a job unfinished in my home fror the holiday. I believe he has too many jobs going at the same time. He was paid in full. He was paid daily for work to be done in the house. He just told me that theres too much pressure on him and he left the job in the middle, today. To make matters worse he threatened to punch me out. I wish to take out an order of protection against him. How do I fill that out.
Thank you for responding
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The most important thing is that to get an order of protection, you must have a case pending in court (civil or family).

The following link will provide you more information on the entire process:

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am trying not to have him come back to my house and threaten me.

How do I do that?

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a contract with him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I t was a verbal contract. He has over 25 pieces of moulding that is sitting in my living room on the floor that had to be put in. Further more he had taken out the old crwon and base mouldings and left it bare. My house looks very unfinished.

Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

The only option you have would be to sue him for specific performance of a verbal contract (which is a little bit of a stretch).

Your best bet would be to try to get this resolved with him amicably. That would be the fastest and most efficient way to get the work done and move on. If not, you will likely need to sue him which would be a long process and, ultimately, you may end up needed to hire another contractor to finish the work anyway.

I know, not the answer you want to hear, but it's all you can do in your situation.