Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
89571709

How does a Petitioner have to serve you after the case is

Customer Question

How long does a Petitioner have to serve you after the case is filed? I was served 73 days after the judge signed the Civil Stalking Petition and I was home all of the 73 days and could have been served.
Thank You Joyce xxxx
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

For clarification, do you mean a judge has signed a protective order after a hearing, or has a petition for a protective order been filed, and there is currently only a temporary order of protection?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Petitioners for a Civil Stalking Charge was filed on 9/21/2015 (case # ***** 7th District court Emery County Ut.) and I was served on 12/02/2015 the first time an attempt to serve me 73 days after filing the false charges.
Joyce Palmer(###) ###-####

The 73 days is not an issue. The civil stalking order, however, was not effective until it was served. Therefore, there could be no issues with violating the order prior to the date of service.

Thus, the effective date was the date of service.

If you have any further questions, I'd be happy to assist.

Please remember to rate my response. I only receive credit from Just Answer is my response is positively rated.

Thank you.

Thank you.