How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27460
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Over 30 years ago I was arrested and charged with resisting

Customer Question

Over 30 years ago I was arrested and charged with resisting arrest and I forget what the other charge was. They were bogus charges but I didn't have a lawyer so I plea bargained and got I believe 6 months probation. It was no longer supposed to be on my record. When I tried to get permission to visit prisoners for bible study I filled out paperwork, having forgotten about this incident and was denied because I didn't put it down. What canI do at this point since I can't find the paperwork I had from that time?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


You should be able to go to the court where your conviction occurred and obtain some kind of an official certificate showing the disposition of your case. The clerk of the court can tell you where in your jurisdiction you would be able to obtain that.

Otherwise, if the court no longer has it, you could order a copy of your criminal history from the state here. This is also where you would make contact to correct your record.