How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16628
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend is on probation..the probation officer told m he

Customer Question

my friend is on probation..the probation officer told him he must quit his reason, no felons working with him..can the probation officer make him quit? can he appeal....? the probation officer says she will offend him if he does not find a new job
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

What is your friend on probation for?

What type of job is your friend being forced to quit and were any reasons given by the probation officer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sex crime....and he is a truck driver
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i guess the question...can a guy on probation appeal desisions by his probation officer?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, the probation officer does hold a "key to a prison cell", when it comes to the person who is released on probation and while in some cases person on probation can file a motion with the court that had ordered probation to appeal an order or decision of the probation officer with the court that had sentenced this person to probation, it is generally an uphill battle and in most cases the court would defer to the authority / discretion of the supervising probation officer and also, filing such motion can cause additional issues in the future with the probation officer.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Criminal Law Questions