How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27109
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my civil rights restored in new mexico

Customer Question

how do I get my civil rights restored in new mexico
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


What happened with your case? That is, were you convicted, or did you get a suspended or deferred sentence?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Once you complete your sentence and get a certificate verifying the completion of your sentence, your right to vote would be restored. For the rest of your rights, you would need to petition the governor of the state for a pardon. The governor, at his discretion, can choose to restore some or all of your remaining rights. You can see the law as to this here.

You can find information about the pardon here and get the application form here.

Related Criminal Law Questions