How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Allen M., Esq. Your Own Question
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 19179
Experience:  Criminal law experience in both JAG and the civilian sector.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Allen M., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to get my gun rights back if possible in IOWA

Customer Question

how to get my gun rights back if possible in IOWA
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You would have to go through a clemency process with your Governor's office there is Iowa.

The criminal offense has to have taken place in Iowa. Otherwise, Iowa doesn't handle clemency for the offense and the state where it was committed does.

The felony has to have been a "non-forcible" felony, meaning one that is not related to assault or assault type offenses.

Here is the form for that clemency process:

Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required.

If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.

Related Criminal Law Questions