How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33404
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I violated first offenders felony probation,what type of

Customer Question

If I violated first offenders felony probation,what type of resolution might I expect?The original charge was theft by taking.The original probation sentence was 10 years.About 2 years in I got a misdomeanor dui.That was 4 years ago.I was just now informed they have an active warrant in Georgia.Ive been on probation for 6 years almost.I have a great full time job,and a newborn baby.Just not sure what to expect.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is the warrant based on the DUI you got 4 years ago? Do you know when the warrant was issued?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think 3 years ago.i live in Florida and the probation is in Georgia.I was just reporting here
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

What happened with the DUI?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pled guilty.I also did 3 months on jail down here with no bond,since they didn't know if Georgia was gonna do anything.So basically I've already been punished here for the DUI,and took care of all that long ago
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Under the facts you've given, normally the judge will just give you a slap on the wrist unless alcohol had something to do with the original conviction (for instance, if you were DWI and had a wreck and killed someone).

The judge is probably going to require some counseling, although maybe not since it was years ago, may give you an additional fine or some more community service hours, something liek that.

At this time the best thing to do is get your lawyer in the original state (Georgia) and see if they can work out an agreement with the DA to have the warrant withdrawn and your terms of probation amended by agreement.