Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was recently accused of 'reckless endangerment' of my son.

Customer Question
I can prove that these...
I was recently accused of 'reckless endangerment' of my son. I can prove that these allegations written are false. My son is now being held by my ex-husband until the trial in February and I am not allowed to see him(three months away). How do I move the court date up sooner so that my controlling ex-husband cannot keep my son from me out of spite? PLEASE HELP!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
12/9/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Is this a criminal trial in criminal court or is this a family court proceeding? If the former, have you been charged with the misdemeanor or the felony? Do you have a lawyer for your case?

I was given a 'Petition- Violation of Court Order' and a 'Temporary Order of Protection'. Family Court. I have not been charged with anything. I do not have a lawyer and do not wish to be represented. I also have proof that my son has been neglected to the point of needing medical assistance while at his father's house.

Thank you. I thought this was a criminal matter. I'm going to opt out and another lawyer can pick it up.

Thank you.
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR and look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.
There is only one option here to try to get a hearing sooner and that is to file an emergency motion to terminate protective order and you need to convince the court your son is in some imminent physical danger where he is located and is being injured there in some manner and ask the court to order the child removed from there and returned to you or to at least allow you visitations to check the welfare of the child.
This is not going to be easy without witnesses and evidence and it is going to be virtually impossible for you to do this without an attorney as it is too emotional an issue and the court needs only the facts and if you throw emotion in there it tends to turn the court off.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer