How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother was arrested at s home on 12/8/2015, and the

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
My brother was arrested at his home on 12/8/2015, and the arresting officers did not say what the charge was and while on his property searched his vehicle without a search warrant. They have refused to speak with family and let them know what the charges are and they have confiscated private property that does not belong to him. They did not even read him his rights... Can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


A question such as can you help is much too generic for me to provide you with an answer you'd find useful.

If you're asking whether a lawyer on this website can represent your brother in court, the answer is that no, we cannot do that. JustAnswer is not a law firm and we cannot help him in court.

What we can do is to provide legal information to help you understand the way the law works or to direct you to where you can find representation. People who ask a broad question such as "Can you help" usually have something very specific that they wish to know. Please reply to me here on this question thread and tell me with specificity what you want to know about this situation, and I'll be happy to assist you.