How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 31769
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 50% partner of a private corporation has stolen records,

Customer Question

My 50% partner of a private corporation has stolen records, file, computer programs and left to start their own business. How do I terminate their ownership?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Generally, you can do this without court intervention if the partners agree to dissolve the company. But, in this case, where there's apparent misgivings, misrepresentations and breaches of fiduciary duties, etc., you're probably going to have to file a petition in court for the dissolution of the corporation and have a court sift through the assets and debts and determine who gets and who owes what.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You likely have a claim against the partner for breach of his fiduciary duty and also possibly misappropriating privileged information/trade secrets of the company.