How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend has had s sentence discharged years ago and I

Customer Question

My friend has had his sentence discharged years ago and I understand he has no right to concealable firearm but what about shotgun or rifle for hunting and sport shooting . Does he need a pardon for shotgun or rifle ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

If your friend was convicted of a felony, he may not legally own or possess any firearm.

If it was the type of felony that could have been charged as a misdemeanor, he may petition the court that convicted him to reduce the conviction to misdemeanor, then he may own a firearm. If it was not the type that could be charged as a misdemeanor, then his own option is to petition the governor for a pardon.

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my response when you have a chance. I only receive credit from Just Answer after my response is rated. Thank you.