Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I got a restraining order 20 yrs ago and 2 yrs ago tried to

Customer Question

Customer: i got a restraining order 20 yrs ago and 2 yrs ago tried to buy a gun and they said no , how can i get this removed !!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it was to keep me away from my daughter and now she has been living with me for the last 5 yrs.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Criminal Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure !!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Do you mean there was a restraining order against you? If so, did it involve allegations of family violence? Is it still in effect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a restraining against me and it involved family violence . i dont know if its still in affect but i tried to by a gun 2 years ago and was declined so i am assuming it was because of the restraining order .
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Was there a criminal charge associated with it?