How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3154
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 26 year old son in Arizona that has a Class 3

Customer Question

I have a 26 year old son in Arizona that has a Class 3 felony (I think). He completed a 6-month Program in Phoenix at the Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center (Yeah!) He recently started a new job about 3 weeks ago. When he went to see his PO this past Wednesday, as a result of being on an Intensive Probation program, she told him that he must bring in to the probation office his complete first, and maybe second, paychecks. She told him that the probation office would then take "all" his monthly fees out, and then give him what "may" be left over, back to him. He is really defeated by this. Can the State of Az. or the county that he is in, take these from him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am truly sorry for this dilemma. I want to make sure I understand the question, are you asking if the state can order he pay the costs associated with probation?