MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Received dui ticket in Plymouth township (wayne county)

Customer Question

received dui ticket in Plymouth township (wayne county) called forfeiture department was told it would cost 1800 dollars to get back (3rd offense in 10 -12 years) got money order for 1800 forfeiture dept. says they are waiting for paperwork to go through.this has been 3 weeks now. who has paperwork? who do I call to expedite this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, when it comes to dealing with forfeitures, they are very inefficient. It is not unusual that they take this long in processing the payment and accompanying paperwork. You can try calling the forfeiture department to rush things along. I can't tell you who has the paperwork because there is no way for me to know what part of the process it is in.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.