How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3164
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need to know the process a 302 in PA. The 302 was changed

Customer Question

Need to know the process for expunging a 302 in PA. The 302 was changed from involuntary to voluntary but we need to get it off my daughters record permanently. She was 14 at the time and now 16 about to graduate. This will limit her future and was given without just cause to begin with.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --


Juvenile criminal records for things that happened before the age of 16 are generally sealed and it takes a judge's permission for anyone to look at those records. Such permission is not granted lightly. The only people that these records will be available to is law enforcement and then can only be used if a similar offense is committed as a juvenile (they cannot be used against her as an adult). There is no legal way to expunge or seal a juvenile record because the law requires that it already be sealed.


Has someone made comments to you or have you come across some other information that leads you to believe that her juvenile record will not be sealed and will become part of a public criminal record against her?