Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

In the state of Ohio do u have the right to ask a judge why

Customer Question
he came to the conclusion...
In the state of Ohio do u have the right to ask a judge why he came to the conclusion he did in a judgment case
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2015
Criminal Lawyer: KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker replied 1 year ago
KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

Yes, you have the right to make a motion to request that the judge provide more details about his or her decision. They do not have to comply legally. If there was a mistake of fact or law, you would have the right to appeal the decision, and if the judge did not provide rationale for the decision you have a better chance of success.

Let me know if this helps.

Kim

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He denied any appeal and every motion I filed to get answer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Civil issue complaint iffy attorney refused to sign a settlement he proposed for no reason muni CT judge issued judgment no explaination
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Refused right to appeal,discovery of evidence and to reconsider

The motion would be for "clarification". It doesn't sound like you have tried that.

You don't make an appeal to the same judge, so that's not the proper procedure if that's what you did. You have to appeal to the court above the court that you are in, and a new judge would review the case. Not the same judge.

Kim

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Was never told that judge violated numerous laws

Again, that can all be appealed. If the judge did not follow the law, that would be your grounds for an appeal. A proper appeal to the court above that court, where a different judge will hear the case.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What if the plaintiff offered a settlement and you accepted but the plaintiff refused to sign the agreement them the plaintiff filed for loans without permission or knowledge

The settlement is final upon signatures, but if you have emails or other documentation you could prove to the judge that the plaintiff had agreed to certain terms verbally or in writing before the final document was signed.

I am helping you out on all these new questions as a courtesy, but please be aware that every new question should be asked separately, so that the expert gets paid for their work with you. You are welcome to ask the question about the loans separately, since that looks like something that would need much more information in order to answer.

Kim

I just want to make sure that the system doesn't keep your money, which will also ensure that I get credited for my work with you. Please go ahead and close out the question with a 4 or 5 rating.

Best of luck and take care,
Kim

Hi there,

I need to close out the questions that I answered from last week, so that I get paid for my work. This is my sole means of income. Please go ahead and provide feedback of 4 or 5 so that I can get credit for my work and close out the question.

Thank you!

Kim

KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw