How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was looking to get a certificate of disposition state. It

Customer Question

Hello, I was looking to get a certificate of disposition for ny state. It was a sealed case back about 22 years ago
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

For a sealed case disposition you may either go to the clerk's office of the court that heard the case and request a copy in-person, or you may do so by writing.

If you request in writing, you'll need to write a signed and notarized letter to the clerk of the court location where the disposition occurred, and request a copy of your record.

Depending on the court there may be a nominal fee for the records ($5 or so per record).

Thank you for your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea which county in NY state is was, It was over 22 years ago.
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

You'll need to figure that out. If you do a general criminal search, nothing will be found because the record is sealed.

Were you a minor? Perhaps your parent or guardian would know.

Who arrested you? Was it a NYPD officer, or a local police department?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i was not a minor. I was around 19-20? So how would I find out which county in NY?
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Where were you arrested?