Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

If I had a dui expunged from my record as a minor and ten

Customer Question

Hi, if I had a dui expunged from my record as a minor and ten years later I got stopped and received a dui would my precious one show up in court
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

In Pennsylvania, an expunged juvenile record is completely destroyed and removed from the juvenile records system. Information about your expunged juvenile case may later be obtained only for very limited court and law enforcement-related purposes.

So the court can access it. But since it was 10 years ago, which is the "look back" period to determine subsequent offenses, it should not be used against you.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

And therefore, any offense in this regard later than 10 years should be a first offense.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that was very helpful
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating.

Good luck with everything.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

And the best for the Holidays!