How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16623
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an outstanding warrant in New York that I need to fix

Customer Question

I have an outstanding warrant in New York that I need to fix but I don't have the money to retain a lawyer right now. I had a dui and it was approved to transfer to Texas but I left before all the proper paperwork was completed. So I was on probation and left the state of New York and moved to Texas. I have no form of ID and I wanted to know if I went to dmv or department of public safety I guess it is called here to get and an ID not a license would I be able too? Or would it be denied or worse would I be arrested and go to jail?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, state DMV would perform a a nationwide warrant check, before issuing any type of an id and if the applicant has outstanding warrant, the DMV would alert police and applicant will likely be arrested and detained pending extradition on the warrant.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?

If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.

Thank you.

Related Criminal Law Questions