How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband tried to kill me. I have twelve broken

Customer Question

My husband tried to kill me. I have twelve broken bones,PTSD,nand a TBI with permanent brain damage and they refuse to press charges. I have a restraining order with about fifty violations against it. He has driven me to Suicide twice. And, still they don't press charges. He tampered with my car causing it to crash and they would not investigate. The forensic neuropsychologist said that he is a narcissist with anger management disorder. I want to sue the district attorney
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

While you may sue the district attorney, it will be a very difficult case. I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of your case, but district attorneys are largely immune from suit when it comes to decisions whether or not to prosecute an individual unless there is some other wrongdoing.

You can sue in state court, but you might have better luck brining a suit in federal court for a civil rights violation.

In the interim, you can file a complaint against the DA with the state bar association, as well as the attorney general for your state.

Finally, you can file a complaint with the US Dept of Justice.

I hope this helps.