Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was arrested last week on a craigslist prostitution sting.

Customer Question
My phone was taken into...
I was arrested last week on a craigslist prostitution sting. My phone was taken into evedence. I have never in my life been in trouble but I have ran adds on Craigslist in the past and was wondering if I can receive additional charges when the detective notices my adds looking for prostitutes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/26/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

In Iowa it is an aggravated misdmeanor to offer to purchase sexual services. So yes, depending upon the wording of the ads, you could be charged with additional counts of the same crime.

What did the ads say? That is, was it explicit that you were looking to exchange money for sex? Where would the police find these ads? In your mobile phone?

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD