Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I was arrested last week on a craigslist prostitution sting.

Customer Question

I was arrested last week on a craigslist prostitution sting. My phone was taken into evedence. I have never in my life been in trouble but I have ran adds on Craigslist in the past and was wondering if I can receive additional charges when the detective notices my adds looking for prostitutes
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

In Iowa it is an aggravated misdmeanor to offer to purchase sexual services. So yes, depending upon the wording of the ads, you could be charged with additional counts of the same crime.

What did the ads say? That is, was it explicit that you were looking to exchange money for sex? Where would the police find these ads? In your mobile phone?