Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was in traffic accident someone else fault and had

Customer Question
Hi I was in traffic...
Hi I was in traffic accident someone else fault and had unopened beer and empty can. i was not drinking and no citation was made accident report to follow with other persons fault. Can i still receive open container citation in wi and is it on my record
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
11/25/2015
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 1 year ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Good afternoon. If the officer was going to cite you for the open container, it would have been at that time. I highly doubt that they would first come back now and issue a citation and if they had an concerns with you drinking while driving or being impaired, they would have conducted a DUI/DWI investigation at the time, on the scene. Since no citation was issued, nothing would be on your record regarding this and if the other person was found to be at fault, it is not something that should count against you in any way.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty