How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27280
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

12 years ago sold tobacco to a minor in a store did

Customer Question

12 years ago sold tobacco to a minor in a store did community service never paid fine this was in North Carolina
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Have you received any notice from the clerk of court or any collection agency? Is your license valid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Person was not a citizen at the time
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. You first may want to go online and search their name through the clerk of courts website, to see if anything appears related to this. If nothing appears, then they should call the clerk to confirm that the case is closed. Typically, when a fine is not paid, it is either sent to collections and fees and interest is added to it or the court may take action and suspended the defendants drivers license, if they have one. If he was not a legal citizen and they can not find him, there is little they can do at this time. If he has since become a citizen, something like this would/should have appeared at some point during the immigration process. If the person wants to clear it up, they can speak with the clerk, as I shared above and make payment arrangements, if it is in the system and active.