How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Griesch Your Own Question
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch,
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 324
Experience:  Tax Counsel at AIG, Inc.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Peter Griesch is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There's this girl who has my stuff and wouldn't give it

Customer Question

There's this girl who has my stuff and wouldn't give it back, I went to her house and she was home w her mom but they ignored me. So I carved "bitch" on their door. The next day the mom came up to me in public and yelled at me calling me a "stupid ass bitch" threatening me and telling me they threw my stuff away. They had no evidence I carved it and it's about two inches big. Can they still charge me some how without hard evidence?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There were no eye witnesses & she lives in an apartment complex of a busy and (ghetto) part of town
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You can be charged with a crime, such as criminal mischief for damaging property if they say that they know you did it because they either witnessed you do it, or you admitted it during the argument.

If they did not see you do it, there are no other witnesses, and you did not tell them that you did it, you cannot be charged.

Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my response. Just Answer only gives me credit if my response is rated. Thank you.

Related Criminal Law Questions