Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

There's this girl who has my stuff and wouldn't give it

Customer Question
back, I went to her...
There's this girl who has my stuff and wouldn't give it back, I went to her house and she was home w her mom but they ignored me. So I carved "bitch" on their door. The next day the mom came up to me in public and yelled at me calling me a "stupid ass bitch" threatening me and telling me they threw my stuff away. They had no evidence I carved it and it's about two inches big. Can they still charge me some how without hard evidence?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
There were no eye witnesses & she lives in an apartment complex of a busy and (ghetto) part of town
11/24/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 2 years ago
Peter Griesch

Yes. You can be charged with a crime, such as criminal mischief for damaging property if they say that they know you did it because they either witnessed you do it, or you admitted it during the argument.

If they did not see you do it, there are no other witnesses, and you did not tell them that you did it, you cannot be charged.

Criminal Lawyer: Peter Griesch,
 replied 1 year ago

Please remember to rate my response. Just Answer only gives me credit if my response is rated. Thank you.

Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch
Peter Griesch