How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27705
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a criminal background check run on me recently

Customer Question

I had a criminal background check run on me recently for my daughter's field trip, chaperoning. It came back with 9 counts of 190.05 and 3 counts of 240.20. from back in 2003-04 The 9 counts were plead down to the 3 counts of disorderly conduct, but on my background check it said 3 counts of "dangerous and hazardous behavior" How do I get this fixed on my criminal background check in NY?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


My name is ***** ***** I am a New York State lawyer. Disorderly conduct is a violation and not a crime. New York seals disorderly conduct convictions, and when it has sealed the case it should seal all records having to do with that case, including the fact that the original charges were for 190.05.

If your convictions were never sealed you would need to write to the NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS). They are the agency that maintains the criminal records for the state. Ask them to correct you record: