How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Criminal Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 795
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want my record expunged its been about 30 years ago and

Customer Question

I want my record expunged its been about 30 years ago and it's still hindering me from having the job I want.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today. Before I can answer your question can you please tell me in which state your conviction occurred and for what offense you were convicted?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Florida, heroin sell 002 cnts year 04/02/1988
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

Am I correct that you were convicted of violation of §893.135.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When will I have an answer my order number is *****
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

I was waiting for a reply to my previous inquiry asking if you were charged under code section §893.135?

Most likely you were, so I will assume for purposes of this answer you were. If that is not the case please let me know.

Drug trafficking charges under that code section are not eligible for expungement and typically remain on person's record for life. The only option for relief for a person is to file for clemency or a pardon.

Here is a link to the application that one must submit to obtain such relief.

Please review the form and let me know if you have any additional questions.

I also recommend that you have an attorney assist you in preparing and submitting the request. They will be best able to guide you through the process and assist you in presenting yourself in the best light to parole board. Good Luck.

I realize that this may not be the answer you wanted to get, but there is still a possibility that you can obtain some relief from the past conviction.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.

Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 1 year ago.

I am following up to see if you need any additional assistance. Also if you have not yet rated my answer please take time to do so.